- Chair of Biodiversity and Nature Tourism
- Chair of Economics in Rural Economy
- Chair of Environmental Protection and Landscape Management
- Chair of Horticulture
- Chair of Hydrobiology and Fisheries
- Chair of Landscape Architecture
- Chair of Plant and Crop Science
- Chair of Plant Health
- Chair of Soil Science
- Polli Horticultural Research Centre
- Rõhu Experimental Centre
INTENSE webinar series ToGo
on September 29, 2021 we are launching the INTENSE webinar series ToGo. The inaugural session will be given by Prof. Kalev Sepp (Estonian University of Life Sciences), who will discuss the outcomes of the past IUCN congress and the role of IUCN in setting up global sustainability agenda.
The session is starting at 10.00 CEST/CET; here is the ZOOM link:
When accessing the event, please write your full name and the affiliation, so we can identify you.
The sessions will be also webcast through the INTENSE YuoTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHKzHMoNRU4rjoDluHqaUGg
Integrated Doctoral Program for Environmental Policy, Management and Technology - INTENSE
INTENSE is a 36 months (2017-2020) Erasmus+ Capacity Building in the field of higher education project (K2) that addresses such root causes of environmental problems in Mongolia (MN), Ukraine (UA) and Vietnam (VN), as poorly formulated policies, inadequate selection of management actions and the lack of suitable technology, by building capacity for academic excellence in doctoral training in environmental studies in Partner Countries (and beyond). It aims:
- To improve the practice of doctoral training and professionalise its governance by integrating PhD programs dealing with environmental policy, management and technology in 7 Partner Country Institutions to 3 nationwide integrated doctoral schools (INTENSE NIDS), based on common Code of Operational Practices & research framework (COP & RF), and consolidating these schools into the INTENSE International Network.
- To enhance doctoral training provision by integrating and upgrading existing learning contents that can be used for doctoral provision (total 80 ECTS by M36), infrastructure for accessing the courses and setting&monitoring flexible research training trajectories and their progression (INTENSE open education platform, including sustainable mechanisms for its development and maintenance) and shared access to research facilities. INTENSE will offer PhD students customized training trajectories and options to enrol on the courses, which will contribute to the progression of PhD theses; the IT infrastructure will provide access to the e-courses (including MOOCs) collected from all the PCIs belonging to INTENSE, from the full range of disciplinary fields related to environmental policy, management and technology, and to eScience modules creating individual learning portfolio.
- To build the capacity of PhD students to improve their published output, through a strengthened multidisciplinary approach to doctoral training, aided by facilitating access to global and EU research networks (including facilitation of academic mobility), development of transferable skills, promotion of joint research/supervision arrangements & interdisciplinary & practice-oriented thesis topics.
- Odessa State Environmental University, Odessa
- Kharkiv V.N.Karazin National University, Kharkiv
- Institute for the Carpathians’ Ecology of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Lviv
- National University of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar
- Khovd University, Khovd
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology
- Ho Chi Minh University of Natural Resources and Environment
- Estonian Life Science University, Tartu, Estonia – the project coordinator
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
- Latvian National University, Riga, Latvia