- Chair of Biodiversity and Nature Tourism
- Chair of Economics in Rural Economy
- Chair of Environmental Protection and Landscape Management
- Chair of Horticulture
- Chair of Hydrobiology and Fisheries
- Chair of Landscape Architecture
- Chair of Plant and Crop Science
- Chair of Plant Health
- Chair of Soil Science
- Polli Horticultural Research Centre
- Rõhu Experimental Centre
Multilevel Local, Nation- and Regionwide Education and Training in Climate Services, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation - ClimEd (2020-2023)
The ClimEd project is aimed at development of competency-based curricula for continuous comprehensive training of specialists in the field of climate services in Ukraine, as well as the initiation and development of additional education in climate change for decision-makers, experts in climate-dependent economic sectors and the general public, which contribute to stabilization of the national economy in the face of climate change and its adaptation to the upcoming climate change. The regional priority is the modernisation of curriculum by developing new and innovative courses and methodologies in the subject areas as defined (Environment).
The ClimEd specific objectives are:
- Development of competency-based concepts on professional education in the field of climate services and additional education for experts in climate-dependent economic sectors, with regard to existing European experience in this field.
- Development of teaching and methodological materials, elaboration of distance and blended learning courses in order to form methodological support for the continuous and comprehensive training of specialists in the field of climate services.
- Development of blended learning courses in the field of climate change and adaptation to it for decision-makers, as well as massive open online courses in the same area for experts in climate-dependent economic sectors.
- Development of massive open online courses in the field of climate change and adaptation to it for the broad masses of the population.
Duration: 15 November 2020 – 14 November 2023
Funding: Erasmus+ Programme for Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education Action
Project leader: Prof. Sergej Zilitinkevich (Finnish Meteorological Institute, Helsinki, Finland)
Official homepage: http://climed.network/
- University of Helsinki (Helsinki, Finland) - coordinator
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Tarragona, Spain)
- Estonian Life Science University (Tartu, Estonia)
- Odessa State Environmental University (Odessa, Ukraine)
- Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture (Kyiv, Ukraine)
- O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
- Lviv Polytechnic National University (Lviv, Ukraine)
- Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University (Bila Tserkva, Ukraine)
- Odessa National Medical University (Odessa, Ukraine)
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine
- Academic institutions: faculty, students (master and doctoral students);
- Hydrometeorological institutions in Ukraine: managers and personnel;
- Political and economic public bodies;
• ClimEd 1st online training course application form
The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.