Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) have torpedoed into earth sciences during last couple of years. Enormous potential and freedom that they give to scientists is more and more evident each day. They are in the edge to be in the common "toolbox" for every scientist in the very near future. Now is your chance to get a solid introduction to all of this during the six day summer school in Tartu, Estonia.
This summer school is focusing on usage of UAVs in earth sciences. Each day of the summer school has specific topic:
• First day (Monday) is dedicated to UAVs as a platform; it has demonstrations from various developers and distributors in the afternoon and the day ends with ice-breaker party.
• Second day (Tuesday) starts the main section of the summer school that describes different sensors, common applications and workflows for data acquisition and analysis. RGB cameras are the most common sensors and start this section.
• Third day (Wednesday) is "outside-the-class" and we will travel to Lake Peipsi and back with historic barge! You can network with participants, enjoy riverside wetlands and we will also fly UAV's if the weather permits.
• Fourth day (Thursday) gives an overview of the multi- and hyperspectral cameras.
• Fifth day (Friday) brings us to laser scanners (LiDARs).
• Sixth day (Saturday) is a LAB day there you will have a chance to prepare and analyse real world data from UAV-s.
More detailed information and on-line registration form is available at the summer school website uav.ut.ee
Registration: deadline is 31.05.2018 and number of participants is limited to 30. Summer school is mainly focused for PhD students but all others are also encouraged to apply. Working language is English. Online form for registration is available in the summer school webpage. https://uav.ut.ee/registr
Credits: 2 ECTS.
Cost: Summer school is free of charge to members of the main supporter Doctoral School of Earth Sciences and Ecology; for others the summer school fee is 120 euros.
Contact: Katrin Lasberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
The main supporter of the UAV summer school 2018 is Doctoral School of Earth Sciences and Ecology. Additional support comes from Estonian University of Life Sciences and Estonian Aviation Academy.